Join Princeton University Art Museum curators and leadership staff at some of the world’s foremost cultural destinations. These remarkable itineraries offer one-on-one connections with experts and include unique opportunities to view private collections, visit artists’ studios, and go behind the scenes at major museums. Travel will be in small groups with hosts dedicated to the art of fine service.
The program is limited to benefactors and members of the Princeton University Art Museum.
Not yet a member? Join now and begin enjoying membership benefits—including these exclusive travel opportunities—immediately!
Environmental Art: A Tour of Sculpture and Landscapes
with Museum Director James Steward and Curator Mitra Abbaspour
September 27, 2018
Begin the day with Museum Director James Steward for a special opportunity to view Princeton University’s newest commission of campus art by acclaimed artist Maya Lin. Then leave Princeton with Mitra Abbaspour, the Haskell Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, for the Storm King Art Center, a 500-acre outdoor museum located in New York’s Hudson Valley, to experience large-scale sculpture and site-specific commissions under open sky. Nora Lawrence, Storm King’s Senior Curator, will guide us through this season’s special exhibit featuring seventeen contemporary artist’s responses to climate change, including a very important piece by Maya Lin..
Timing: Begins at 9 a.m. in Princeton.; return by 6 p.m.
with Museum Director James Steward
October 7 - 11, 2018
- Travelers will stay in the newly renovated Taj Campton Place, conveniently located in Union Square. This will be our home base as we explore the many artistic treasures in the Bay Area.
- Curator-led tour and special behind-the-scenes experience at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Special visit to the Cantor and Anderson Museums at Stanford University
- Insider's view of the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive. Having spent several years as a curator at BAMPFA early in his career, James is uniquely positioned to provide insights about the collection
- Exclusive visits to private collections and artists’ studios
- Throughout the trip, we will dine at the finest restaurants in the Bay Area, including a special dinner at Alice Water’s world renowned restaurant Chez Panisse
Cost: $3,895 per person double occupancy (an additional $775 per person for single occupancy)
Includes: Hotel, most meals (one dinner on your own), all admission and tour fees (does not include travel to and from San Francisco)
Registration for San Francisco is currently at capacity. Please email email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist.
Space is limited. Trip registrations may only be received via USPS. Phone and e-mail requests cannot be honored; reservations will be processed according to the postmarked date of the mailed registration form. Please click on the trip title above for an itinerary and the printable registration form.
If you have questions, please contact Gabrielle Markand by phone (609-258-3762) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).