Join Princeton University Art Museum curators and leadership staff at some of the world’s foremost cultural destinations. These remarkable itineraries offer one-on-one connections with experts and include unique opportunities to view private collections, visit artists’ studios, and go behind the scenes at major museums. Travel will be in small groups with hosts dedicated to the art of fine service.
The program is limited to benefactors and members of the Princeton University Art Museum.
Not yet a member? Join now and begin enjoying membership benefits—including these exclusive travel opportunities—immediately!
The Artistic Heritage of the Hamptons with James Steward
October 3-5, 2019
$1875 per person (bus transportation, meals, hotels, and all entrance fees are included)
$475 single supplement
- Accommodations at the Quogue Club at Hallock House, a private social and dining club with luxury guest rooms designed by Alexa Hampton.
- A private guided tour by Director Terrie Sultan of the Parrish Art Museum in Southampton, which boasts 2,600 works by a diverse range of artists, including Childe Hassam, Fairfield Porter, Thomas Moran, and William Merritt Chase.
- A curator-led tour of the exhibition Abstract Climates: Helen Frankenthaler in Provincetown, which highlights key examples of Frankenthaler’s work produced during summers spent in that coastal town and underscores their impact on her development as a painter.
- A guided tour of the East Hampton home and studio of the artists Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner.
- Explore the ways in which the artist Dan Flavin manipulated the formal, phenomenal, and referential characteristics of light with a curator-led tour at the Dan Flavin Art Institute in Bridgehampton.
- A special-access tour of the LongHouse Reserve in East Hampton, the spectacular home and exquisite sixteen-acre sculpture garden of internationally known textile designer, author, and collector Jack Lenor Larsen, featuring works by Sol LeWitt, Yoko Ono, George Ricky, Toshiko Takaezu, and Willem de Kooning.
- Visits to the Hamptons studios of distinguished artists and the homes of private collectors.
- We will dine at some of the area’s finest restaurants, featuring fresh, locally grown ingredients and world-class chefs.